If you are considering a Houston face lift, your surgeon may have discussed malar and submalar implants as an option for you. Submalar implants are used to restore a more youthful appearance for men and women who may need a little more volume in their cheeks to look and feel their best. Here are some facts about submalar augmentation procedures and how they can enhance your appearance and your self-confidence.
Malar, Submalar and Combined Implants
Depending on your facial structure and your preferences, your Houston cosmetic surgery surgeon may recommend malar implants, submalar implants or combined implants:
- Malar implants are applied directly to the cheekbones and provide added structure for the profile of the face. This can create a more dramatic silhouette and can enhance the overall appearance of your cheeks and face.
- Submalar implants are designed to provide greater fullness and volume just under the cheekbones and to produce a more youthful appearance.
- Combinations of malar and submalar implants are used to resculpt the face and to create a brand-new silhouette for patients.
Submalar implants are one of the most practical ways to reduce the visible signs of aging.
A Range of Available Materials
The implants used for submalar procedures are designed specifically to fit your face and are available in a number of different materials, including the following:
- Silicone implants can be removed or repositioned as needed.
- Hydroxyapatite implants are integrated into bone structures over time and can become part of these structures, allowing for greater stability.
- High-density porous polyethylene implants must typically be screwed into place to maintain their position.
- Other fillers may be used to supplement these implants and to create the most natural look possible.
These procedures can create a much fuller and more youthful look for your cheeks. When combined with a Houston face lift and other rejuvenating procedures, a submalar implant can make a significant difference in your appearance and your level of confidence in your everyday interactions.
Combining Cosmetic Procedures
In many cases, you can combine several different procedures to create a dramatic change in your overall appearance. If you are planning a Houston breast augmentation or liposuction, discussing your options with an experienced cosmetic surgeon can often allow you to save time and money on these procedures by combining them with submalar implants or a Houston face lift.
At Capriotti Cosmetic and Laser Surgery, we specialize in providing you with the most advanced and practical solutions for your needs. We can perform blepharoplasty, cheek implants, breast augmentations and many other procedures to help you look your best every day. Give us a call at 713-674-7201 to schedule a consultation with us. We look forward to helping you look your best.