The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) reported that approximately 15.6 million cosmetic surgeries were performed in 2014. According to ASPS figures, more than 92 percent of these surgical procedures were performed on women. In recent years, however, men have constituted a growing percentage of the patients seeking cosmetic procedures to improve their appearance and reduce the signs of aging. For those interested in exploring their options in this area, consulting with a specialist in Houston cosmetic surgery can be a good first step toward a brand-new look and added confidence in personal and professional interactions.
Factors that Increase the Appeal of Cosmetic Procedures for Men
Recent advances in the field of cosmetic surgery have reduced the duration of the recovery periods necessary after these procedures. Minimally invasive surgical techniques can allow men to avoid prolonged periods away from work and the questions that may arise regarding these extended absences and recovery times. Thanks to the improved results now possible with modern surgical methods, men can reduce downtime and enjoy the benefits of improved appearance and greater confidence in a wide range of social situations.
Reasons for Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
Men report many of the same reasons for cosmetic surgery as women for seeking the help of a qualified Houston cosmetic surgeon. Some of the most commonly reported motivating factors by men considering plastic surgery include the following:
- A desire to reduce visible signs of aging and to return to a more youthful appearance
- Correcting the shape or size of the nose, chin or cheekbones
- Removal of stubborn fat deposits around the waistline, hips or other problem spots to increase muscle definition
The extensive array of options available in the modern cosmetic procedure marketplace can allow men to look their best and to enjoy greater self-confidence at work and at play. Additionally, the increasing popularity of social media sites may also play a significant role in encouraging men to try these proven options for enhancing their personal appearance.
Types of Cosmetic Surgery
Depending on the type of work to be performed and the desired results, men can choose from a number of different procedures:
- Houston face lift specialists can tighten skin and promote a younger look around the eyes, nose and cheekbone areas.
- Liposuction can eliminate unwanted fat to provide added sculpting for abdomens, thighs and other trouble spots.
- BOTOX® treatments can smooth out fine lines around the eyes and nose to produce a more youthful appearance.
- For men who want a more dramatic change in their appearance, rhinoplasty procedures can alter the entire look of the face by widening, narrowing or adjusting the nose to improve overall appearance.
- Laser treatments can be used to reduce acne scarring and improve skin tone, allowing men to look their best every day. These procedures can sometimes be combined with microdermabrasion to smooth out scars and reduce discoloration in the face and neck.
- Chin implants can create a stronger jaw line and a more attractive look for men and women alike.
For men who wish to enhance their appearance and address issues that may affect self-esteem and confidence, working with an established Houston cosmetic surgeon can provide solid options than can produce real changes in how patients look and how they feel about themselves.
As more men consider cosmetic procedures, the options available in this medical specialty are likely to expand to include surgical and non-surgical treatments designed specifically for male patients. By investing in a more attractive appearance, men can make the most positive first impressions on those with whom they come in contact, allowing them to enjoy a welcome boost in self-confidence and self-esteem. This can pave the way for greater success in the business environment and in a wide range of social and personal interactions.