Maintaining a healthy diet is essential to maximize the results of your liposuction procedure. Liposuction cost in Houston is sometimes a major expense. Eating properly after your liposuction procedure will prolong the positive effects of this surgery. Your surgeon will typically provide you with information on the recommended diet regimen to follow after liposuction. Following these guidelines is essential to ensure the best results from your procedure.
The Right Things to Eat
Fresh fruits and vegetables are a healthy addition to almost any meal. Whole grains and lean proteins will help you maintain high energy levels without the fat content of sweets and sugars. Fish are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are critical to promote healing and to lower your risk of heart disease and other ailments. Tuna, salmon, mackerel and sardines are all good sources of omega-3 fatty acids and should be included in your regular dietary plan. Your Houston cosmetic surgeon will give you a list of the best foods to incorporate into your menu plan after investing in the liposuction cost in Houston for your procedure.
The Right Things to Drink
Drinking plenty of water is essential to ensure the fastest recovery after your surgical procedure. Most experts recommend drinking at least eight glasses of water a day. This will provide added support for your healing process and will flush away any toxins that might build up after your surgery. Other than water, unsweetened fruit juices, coffee, tea and herbal teas are acceptable additions to your daily menu plan.
What to Avoid
Some foods and beverages are not recommended after your Houston cosmetic surgery procedure. These items include all of the following:
- Alcohol should be avoided for at least two weeks after your surgery to avoid unwanted interactions between these drinks and the medications your surgeon has prescribed to promote the healing process and to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Fatty foods are also not recommended after liposuction. These high-calorie items can undo the effects of your procedure in a relatively short amount of time.
- Limit your consumption of red meat and highly processed grain products like white bread.
- Sugary and salty foods should be avoided after liposuction to prevent weight gain and water retention, especially in the first few months after your surgery.
- Carbonated drinks are generally a source of empty calories and are best left off your post-procedure menu.
Consuming almost any food to excess is likely to result in weight gain and reduced results from your liposuction procedure.
At Capriotti Cosmetic and Laser Surgery, we specialize in providing you with effective solutions to help you look and feel your best. Call us today at 713-674-7201 to discuss liposuction cost in Houston or to schedule a consultation with our team. We look forward to the chance to help you put your best face forward every day.