Have you noticed your nipples sinking toward the bottom of your breast? If so, a Houston breast lift may help reposition your nipples into a more youthful spot on your breasts. Many women feel self-conscious about droopy nipples, which can affect their emotional, mental, and sexual wellbeing. Fortunately, a Houston breast lift procedure can help your nipples and areolae sit in a more appealing area on your breasts. Learn more about drooping nipples and how your Houston cosmetic surgeon can help you feel more confident.
Why are My Nipples Sagging?
Your nipples may begin to sag for a variety of reasons. Generally, anything that stretches your breast skin or causes it to lose elasticity can lead to dropping nipples. Also, you could be genetically predisposed to sagging nipples. Many women notice their nipples and areolae start to sink after pregnancy, breast feeding, and weight fluctuations. These situations can change your breast size and leave behind excess skin that allows your nipples to move downward. Also, aging can play a part in your nipples moving down toward the bottom of your breasts. Over time, gravity can start to pull your breasts downward, leading to sagging breasts and drooping nipples.
To determine whether you’re a candidate for a Houston breast lift procedure, your surgeon will first determine how severe your nipples droop. Severity ranges from mild to severe. Your surgeon will begin by assessing where your nipples and areolae are in relation to the rest of the breast. We will also address your health status, expected results, and other factors that can affect your surgery. From there, your Houston cosmetic surgeon can determine whether a breast lift can help in your circumstances.
Breast Ptosis Severity
Sagging breasts and downward facing nipples is also called breast ptosis. The severity, or grade, of ptosis affects which type of Houston breast lift your surgeon may recommend. During your consultation, your surgeon will assess the grade of ptosis and discuss your options. The grades for ptosis are as follows:
- Grade 1: Grade 1 ptosis is mild sagging. Generally, this means that your nipples are level with the inframammary fold, or the crease underneath your breasts. However, with grade 1 ptosis, your nipples still project upward.
- Grade 2: Grade 2 ptosis is moderate and means your nipples sit below the inframammary fold, but still above the lowest hanging part of your breast. They may begin to point down toward the ground with grade 2 ptosis.
- Grade 3: Grade 3 refers to breasts where the nipple sits below the fold and also below the lowest part of the breast. Grade 3 is considered severe ptosis.
If you notice any of these signs of breast ptosis, then a Houston breast lift may help improve the look of your breasts and the placement of your nipples and areolae. The severity of your breast ptosis may also affect how your surgeon performs your procedure.
How a Houston Breast Lift Improves Nipple Projection
A Houston breast lift removes excess or stretched breast skin to lift your breasts and re-align your nipple and areolae into a more youthful position. Generally, if you’re concerned about your nipple position as well as sagging breasts, this procedure can help improve the overall appearance of your breasts. During a Houston breast lift, your surgeon lifts your breast tissue up to give you perkier breasts. Simultaneously, he lifts your nipples up to sit in a more appealing position on your breasts. If you have enlarged areolae, your surgeon can also reduce their size during the procedure. Therefore, if you’re unhappy due to sagging nipples and breasts, consider Houston cosmetic surgery to enhance your features.
Types of Houston Breast Lift Incisions
There are many types of breast lifts based on how much your breasts and nipples sag. These different types can change the results of your Houston cosmetic surgery and also affect where your scars will be. Here are the different options for Houston breast lift incisions:
- Crescent: Crescent lifts are generally combined with breast augmentation to help reduce minimal sagging. This leaves an incision across the top edge of the areola to slightly lift the breasts.
- Donut: This type of Houston breast lift is good for mild to moderate ptosis and also to help reduce the size of enlarged areolae. Donut lifts use an incision that circles around the areola.
- Lollipop: Lollipop lifts are the most common types of breast lifts and allow for lifting and reshaping. The incisions form a lollipop shape by going around the areola and down from the bottom of the areola toward the inframammary fold.
- Anchor: Anchor breast lifts are good for severe ptosis and offers the most significant results. However, they also feature more incisions. For this lift, your surgeon creates an incision around the areola and down toward the breast crease like the lollipop lift. Then, your surgeon will also create a horizontal incision in the inframammary fold.
- Horizontal: Horizontal lifts can help address sagging and help move nipples upward with only horizontal incisions in the inframammary fold.
During your consultation, your Houston cosmetic surgeon will discuss these different options to help you determine the right course for your breast lift. Therefore, it’s important to discuss your goals for surgery to help determine the options that suit your desired results.
Choose An Experienced Surgeon for Your Breast Lift
At Capriotti Cosmetic & Laser Surgery, we provide personalized care for your cosmetic procedures. Dr. Capriotti is an experienced and skilled Houston cosmetic surgeon who has addressed medical groups throughout the U.S. and Europe about cosmetic surgery techniques. Our team operates out of an advanced cosmetic surgery center equipped with state-of-the-art equipment to perform your cosmetic procedures. Because we work out of a cosmetic surgery center, you can often save thousands of dollars on Houston cosmetic surgery compared to hospitals and surgical centers. For more information or to schedule your consultation with Dr. Capriotti, call our office at (713) 674-7201. We look forward to helping you look and feel your best!