Maintaining a youthful appearance is important to many of us. Over time, unfortunately, most people lose some of the fullness in their cheeks and under their eyes. Investing in a Houston face lift can restore volume to these areas and can promote a younger looking appearance. If you are interested in less extensive measures to help you look your best, dermal fillers and fat injections can provide a fuller, more beautiful look to smooth out wrinkles and reduce the visible signs of age. Understanding the benefits of each of these cosmetic treatments can help you to make the best choice for your situation.
What Are Fat Injections?
Fat injections generally require a three-step process:
- First, the patient’s own body fat is harvested through a liposuction procedure.
- The fat is then optimized and purified to ensure its suitability for use in cosmetic surgery procedures.
- The prepared fat is carefully placed into the areas of the face that require added fullness.
Fat injections are more difficult to perform in most cases. Additionally, these procedures typically produce less consistent results than other ways of adding volume because living fat cells can grow or shrink depending on a number of factors.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are available in a number of formulations and can provide a smoother, more youthful appearance for patients. Because these materials are produced in a ready-to-use form, they require no advance liposuction and treatment of fat cells before the procedure. Dermal filler materials may include hyaluronic acid or lactic acid polymers. These substances are intended to smooth away wrinkles by providing the underlying support needed for delicate facial tissues. Most dermal filler treatments last for about two years.
Working with a Houston cosmetic surgery specialist is usually the most effective way to determine which procedure is right for you. Dermal fillers differ from fat injection procedures in a number of important ways:
- Because of the complexity of the purification and application process, fat injections require more experience on the part of the cosmetic surgeon. Additionally, the liposuction cost in Houston may significantly affect the final price you pay for fat injection procedures.
- Fat injections also require a delay between the initial liposuction and the injection of these materials into the treatment areas. Dermal fillers, by contrast, can be used right away and require no waiting period.
- Fat cells can grow unevenly, resulting in less desirable results for some patients. The results achieved with dermal fillers are more consistent and reliable over time.
By discussing these advanced procedures with your Houston cosmetic surgeon, you can ensure the best possible results and the most youthful glow possible after your dermal filler or fat injection treatments.