Changing the size or shape of your nose can make a big difference in your appearance. In some cases, cosmetic rhinoplasty procedures can give you added confidence and can help you make the best first impression in social and professional situations. Consulting with a qualified Houston cosmetic surgery specialist can be a good first step toward creating your new look. If you are considering this procedure, here are some key facts about nose reshaping surgery that every patient should know.
Cosmetic Rhinoplasty Is Not a Cure-All
While reshaping or resculpting your nose can have a dramatic impact on the appearance of your face, this procedure cannot reverse the visible signs of aging and is not a replacement for a Houston face lift. Rhinoplasty can be used to correct some or all of the following cosmetic issues:
• Straightening bumps or crooked noses
• Narrowing the bridge of the nose
• Changing the angle of the tip of the nose
• Reshaping the nose for a more attractive appearance
• Creating symmetry between the two sides of the nose
• Reducing the overall size of the nose in relation to other features
In many cases, cosmetic rhinoplasty procedures can provide greater balance to your face. Discussing your expectations with your Houston cosmetic surgeon is the best way to determine the likely results of your planned surgery.
Different Types of Nose Jobs
Depending on the type of transformation you are looking for and the amount of work to be done, your Houston cosmetic surgeon may use one of three different methods to perform your procedure:
• Open rhinoplasty requires an incision between the nostrils that allows the surgeon added room to perform major resculpting and reshaping of tissues and cartilage.
• Closed rhinoplasty incisions are made inside the nostrils. This reduces the amount of visible scarring for most patients but may not be suitable for those who require extensive work to achieve their goals.
• Tiplasty procedures involve the reshaping of the tip of the nose and may be performed by using open or closed rhinoplasty techniques.
Your surgeon will discuss the various options for your nose job and will choose the most effective strategy for your particular situation.
In some cases, your cosmetic rhinoplasty can be combined with a Houston face lift or other procedures to allow you to enjoy more dramatic improvements in your appearance. Consulting with your Houston cosmetic surgery specialist can provide you with accurate information about the expected results and the best approaches to achieve your goals through these advanced surgical procedures. By investing in your personal appearance, you can enjoy greater confidence and increased self-esteem in every area of your daily life.