A technological breakthrough may soon change the way women look at breast augmentation surgery. New lighter-weight implants could significantly reduce sagging and discomfort sometimes experienced with standard silicone implants. By using a lighter form of silicate, researchers were able to reduce the weight of the B-Lite breast implants by about 30 percent compared to the weight of silicone or saline implants. The B-Lite implants are not yet available in the United States but have been tested in Israel and are expected to be made available in Great Britain later this year. Women interested in Houston breast augmentation procedures, however, can opt for a different implant method now and can upgrade to B-Lite implants when they become available for general use in a few years.
Regular Replacements Necessary for Traditional Implant Procedures
Because traditional silicone and saline implants are relatively heavy, they can cause breasts to sag over time. To maintain the same attractive results, women may require replacement of their saline or silicone implants every 10 or 15 years. This time-frame varies depending on a number of factors, including the following:
- The size and weight of the implants
- The condition of the implants
- Asymmetry of breasts that develops over time
- Hardening of the implants
Some women may also opt for a replacement procedure to go up or down a size with their implants. The availability of the new B-Lite implants may also encourage some women to make the switch from heavier silicone or saline options to these lightweight options.
High Demand for this Lightweight Implant
The B-Lite implants are already in use in Israel, the home of inventor Dael Govrin. Women report increased comfort and a fuller, more natural look for their breasts after the implants. Some even indicated that the implants were lighter in weight than their natural breasts. This increased satisfaction with both appearance and comfort has created a ready-made audience for Govrin’s innovative implants throughout Israel; it is also eagerly awaited in the European Union. The product has already received CE marking approval in the European Economic Area and is slated for introduction in these areas in the very near future.
Other Options Available Now
Until the B-Lite implants receive approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), women can select from a full range of augmentation options offered by Houston cosmetic surgery specialists, including the following:
- Silicone or saline implants are available in various sizes and shapes. Smooth and textured implants are also available and should be chosen on the advice of a qualified Houston cosmetic surgeon.
- High-strength silicone gel implants are relatively new to the cosmetic surgery marketplace. Approved by the FDA in March 2012, these implants are designed to reduce the risk of rupture or deformation over time, allowing breast augmentation procedures to last longer and look more natural.
- Fat transfer procedures are performed in two steps. First, liposuction is performed to remove fat from various areas of the body. That fat is processed and prepared before being injected into the breasts. By opting for these procedures, women can enjoy the benefits of liposuction for problem areas while enhancing their breast size.
- A breast lift can reduce sagging and reshape breasts to restore their youthful appearance. By working with a Houston breast lift specialist, women can often achieve noticeable results without the need for a breast implant procedure.
By choosing one of these options now and upgrading to the B-Lite implants when they become available, Houston women can enjoy the benefits of cosmetic surgery right away while ensuring the most beautiful and comfortable results for their breast augmentation procedures. This can provide a real boost to self-confidence and can help women look and feel their best at work or school and at play.